Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Midterm

Didn't realize we needed to post this for our midterm, i know its a little late....sorry!!!
I Love You So….

I love you so is a great children’s book. The pictures are very colorful and fun to look at. This book is conversational with a question and answer format which is great for having young kids follow along. I love you so was written and illustrated by Marianne Richmond, published in 2005 by Marianne Richmond studios. It’s a great children’s that represents the unconditional love parents have for their children and will love them no matter what they do.
I love you so doesn’t have a set setting it’s a bit of everything. This child, didn’t specify a name, asks his mom all sorts of questions about her love for the child. The child starts off by asking how much she loved him/her and the mom simply answers I love you this much and gives specific metaphors. For example, “I love you as brilliant as each sparkling stars, and as way out as space, I love you that far.” The child continues asking well do you love me even when I do naughty things or when I am really sick. The mother simply replies I will love you always and my “love you” will never change. The book starts off when the children are camping then moves to the zoo then into the house and into an ice cream shop. It shows a regular everyday life of children.
The pictures in this book are almost messy but well articulated. The pictures are acrylic, unrealistic and look somewhat messy. The images where more rounded and curvy and makes the reader for comfort and safe. The pictures in the book took up the entire page and the texts where always in different spots on every page they where never consistent. This book used a lot of metaphors on how much a parent loves there child to help them better understand how great their love is for them. This book sent out an overt message about a parent’s unconditional love for their child. I love you so would be age appropriate for kids from around three to six years old, its easy reading and would be easy for children to understand. It was pretty conversational. It was in question and answer format. It’s a very comforting story and like the author said, “It’s like a warm hug and lets the child know that love is for always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment