Thursday, April 9, 2009

I really enjoyed doing the jigsaw activity yesterday in class because it allowed us to see the different viewpoint of each other on two different issues. I found the Fat Kids article to be the most interesting because I agreed with somethings but others I didn't agree with. There was one point that I couldn't make up my mind about. The article said that eventually kids will lose interest in the reward if they continue to receive it over and over again. I think this can be true but I think that it is also age dependent. For instance if you have kindergarten kids I think that they will continue to always want to receive the top prize or reward for getting something done. I think that their maturity level is key in this point. Kindergartners I don't think are mature enough to say "hey I've been getting this reward for a while now for doing the same thing and its not benefiting me down the road so I'm not going to try anymore." But I think when you get into older more mature kids they will realize that the reward will only be a short time thing and that it will do nothing for them down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment