Monday, April 27, 2009

Library Assignment

The Library/Bookstore Assignment opened my eyes a lot more to how children are perceiving books now. Most students spend time in their school libraries now a days, but I don't feel like a good amount spend that much time at the public libraries compared to the bookstore. Personally, I feel as though the bookstore is a complete market spot. There are good reading books that you can find there. However, I feel as though if a child and parent go to the bookstore, they will probably find a book or two, but then they will also find a toy or game to go with it. To me, this takes away from the learning and adventurous aspects of books. I have always loved going to bookstores with my parents when I was younger. Yet, when I look back on it I was always choosing a book last minute because I was looking at all of the other things in the bookstore. I think it is important, as a teacher, to promote libraries more often in order for students to expand their imaginations in a good book.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on that with the students spending most of there time in a college campus book store. I learned a lot from the library assignment and saw how different some libraries can be and how some target more towards children. It can be a great way for someone to bond with there child and its even educational at the same time.

    ReplyDelete