Monday, April 27, 2009

Hugo Cabret

After the book discussion on Hugo Cabret, I was opened with many more ideas about the book that have been helping me create an artistic response. I was having a lot of trouble coming up with an idea, which seems weird since there is so much one can do to portray their thoughts on the book. I finally came up with an idea, and after we had the book discussion in class it really helped me to tighten my plans on my project. This book was put together really well, in my opinion, and I thought that it was great to put all the pictures in to give the readers a chance to make up their own story while seeing what is going on in the author's head. The fact that there is no color gives the readers a chance to use their imagination and make color if they want or keep it in black and white to make the story seem like it is in the olden days. I like the way the main character is fictional, but the character George Melies is really one of the first people to come up with the movie idea. I thought it was great to show how George used his imagination to create the movies and how he started as a magician, just like Hugo was interested in magic. It showed that they had a connection even when they hadnt met. The message that I found in the book was to never give up on your dreams, no matter what has happened in the past. The way the events that took place that led up to the discovery of George Melies all the way to the end when Hugo finally has a family again, can show kids that things can work out in the end if you never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment