Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hugo Cabret

This book was thick but it was easy to read. It is a historical fiction and I liked the pictures a lot. I think the author drew them black and white in order to make the old time mood in Paris. When the each picture gets closer and closer, It feels like as if I am watching a video. My favorite picture was when he was confused with all stories going around him and dreamed about his dad, automanton and Isabelle. I thought Hugo is quite matured even at his age when he said, “Sometimes I come up here at night, even when I’, not fixing the clocks, just to look at the city. I like to imagine that the world is one big machine…So I figure if the entire world is a big machine, I have to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.” He thinks that there is always a reason for everyone to exist in the world. I would recommend to read it for 4~5th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment