Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Readings

I liked the readings this week because they reminded me of things i forgot i had learned! I totally remember reading poems from the Joyful Noises book so it was fun for me to think about that again, and see little exerpts from that. I made note of the title so i can buy that book for teaching purposes. I remember reading poems with a partner and it was so fun. I think it's a good way to keep kids interested in poetry. I think Ch 4 had a lot of good points; teacher's reaction to poetry reflects on to the kids, kids need a variety, don't have them memorize- let them explore, etc. Since poetry is a tough subject for a lot of people to get interested in, i think these points are important. I also thought the examples of students' poems in the Apol article were really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment